Monday 2 September 2013

Christmas in September

Hi All,

Well here we are in September, I can hardly believe it's autumn already. What a lovely summer we've had this year and  I have to say it's an absolute scorcher here today. I wish the British summer was like this every year.

Now I know a lot of crafters keep the Christmas spirit going all year round - and as such are well organised with their Christmas cards and tags, but I'm afraid I'm not one of them.  However, I had to dig out my box of Christmas stamps this weekend as the new challenge over at Crafty Cardmakers is CHRISTMAS SNOW AND ICE (Your creation must include either a representation of snow or ice plus a Christmas theme in order to qualify for the Winner or Top 5 slots)

I couldn't quite face making a Christmas card so I've gone for a tag .....




This one shows the gloss and sparkle better


The sentiment is American Crafts, all other stamps are Hero Arts.  I heat embossed the larger snowflakes then inked with Stormy Sky, Mr Snowman and the holly garland are coloured with Promarkers, then I added some textured snow, stickles and some glossy accents.






Our sponsors for this challenge are Di's Digistamps and Hobby Art.






Okay, that's me for today, I'm off to prep dinner.  It's so hot today we're going to have a barbie.

Have a lovely week everyone and thanks for popping in.

Suze xx

8 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Gorgeous tag, but too early for me to start thinking about Christmas! Valerie

Josephine said...

This is so sweet - love the holly garland!

Meggymay said...

Fantastic tag, great textures on the background.
Yvonne

Anonymous said...

Count me as one of the not so organised!
Oh I did have big plans, they just didn't materialise lol.
This is fun and cute. Here's to lots more Christmas creations being made.
Wishes
Lynne

Kim S said...

Such a pretty soft background for that cheerful snowman!

G Peplow said...

Oh Yeah, great background and a very simple design, I love his cheeky smile too :D Glad you're getting your fair share of this lovely weather Suze, Hugs Gay x

Laura said...

Feels weird to have Christmas so close again. Great tag and thanks for your comment on my blog. Means a lot especially at the moment. Lx

Aileen said...

Love your tag and happy snowman. Must get started again too or Christmas will be here. x