Saturday 1 September 2012

Hanging onto Summer

Hi everyone,

Well can you believe we are now into September. The shops are already full of cozy jumpers and boots which is just as well because the temperature here in the UK has certainly become cooler over the last few days.  You never know though, there's a slim chance we might get an indian summer yet!

Hanging onto the thought of summer I have a postcard for you today - it's for Challenge #73 over at Crafty Cardmakers - 6" x 4" Postcard with a Seaside theme ...

This challenge really had me stumped (which is why this is a last minute entry) but last night I decided to just have a play and here's the result ...




Background is watercolour pencils and distress inks, girl stamp is Dina Wakley, shell stamp is Hero Arts, then some doodling on top. (Think I need a bit more practice with my art journalling style!)

Okay dokes, that's it for now.

Wishing you all a lovely weekend.

Suze xx


14 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

It's gorgeous Suze, well done! Hugs, Valerie

Vicky said...

Hanging onto summer here too - we had a BBQ yesterday with fleeces on. Can't bear to think about Christmas yet!.
Love your fabulous postcard. :)xx

Meggymay said...

Its a wonderful postcard Suzie, I love the colouring and images. Thank you for joining us at CCM this time.
Yvonne

Julia S-W said...

Love that edging you've done! Everytime I see that lady stamp I immediately turn green - I really need to buy it I think.
Have a great weekend.
Juliaxx

Anonymous said...

Hi Suze
Definitely much colder!
A fabulous card and I like the edge stamp with the softer images on the background.
Wishes
Lynne

Von said...

Love this it's so cheerful with your choice of colours :)
Von ♥

Victoria said...

This is making me dream of the summer we never had!

Papercraft By Carole said...

Lovely colours and stamp. Very effective. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers this time. Cxx

G Peplow said...

Lovely card Suze, that stamp is very interesting and you used it particularly well, I really love the border you made too, ;0) Gay xx

Anonymous said...

Hiya, lurvvvve that stamp and how you have used it. Great soft colours and fabby design, nope nothing negative to say Bout this gorgeous postcard, I must be coming down with something. Thank you for entry no 2 at .crafty cardmakers and good luck.

Marie

G Peplow said...

Sorry Suze, didn't read properly shucks it's a postcard, naughty Gay x

lililindsay said...

You are fast becoming a master of the" arty" style, Suze. I would love to move in that direction and produce something like this.

Lilian

Aileen said...

Fun postcard Suze. Love the soft colouring. x

Alexa said...

OMG - just popped over to your blog and found you have made a card a few days ago with the same title as my new post - how co-incidental is that?!! Love the Dina Stamp and the wave edging - looks good! x