Thursday 9 August 2012

Fancy a Swim?

I have been stumped this week with two challenges, namely ...

Crafty Cardmakers - Challenge #71 - Olympic Spirit, and
CASology - Week #5 - Pond

However, not to be outdone, I was rattling by brains last night and having a little browse of the internet, when I came across a vintage swimming lady from The Graphics Fairy.  Apart from the hair colour, she bares a striking resemblance to myself in a swimming costume and I too am as graceful as this when entering the water (ROFL) so that'll do me, I thought.  Here she is ...




I coloured her skin with Promarkers and paper pieced her cap. Some DP for the sky and water and a dotty embossing folder.  I could only think of really cheesy sentiments like 'make a big spash on your birthday' or 'have a swimming time' so I left it plain.

I thought I might be stretching it a bit with the Pond challenge but I'm sure in countries where it's warm enough you all partake in a bit of pond skinny dipping!

It's hubby's birthday today (gasp, horror - I "bought" him a card) but my daughter baked him a yummy marble cake ...



We're off to Edinburgh for the weekend to catch up with family and friends so I'll see you at the beginning of next week.

Have a lovely weekend and thanks for dipping in.

TTFN

Suze xx

17 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Gorgeous card, but the cake takes the biscuit! Enjoy your weekend! Valerie

Ardyth said...

Love the vintage style of your image! Thanks so much for playing along with CASology this week!

Anonymous said...

Fancy not making your poor husband a card you terrible woman at least your daughter had the decency to make a cake and a mouth watering one at that ! ( at least you bought one, I didn't even do that !!!) Fabulous card Suze just stunning I really love the image and yes she bears a remarkable resemblance to you , well in your dreams at least. Love how you made the water and the paper piecing is fabulous !Thanks for joining us at CraftyCardmakers and the best of luck ! Have a lovely weekend.

Marie

Victoria said...

Gasp! You bought a card!!! We'll let you off as I know you hate making masculine cards, but you really are very good at them, you know! She's a slender thing diving into the water here, wish I looked that graceful but I hate putting my head under water so diving from me... ever...!

Melissa said...

What a FUN card! Love the cut out oval and that gal is a hoot! :) Thanks for joining us at CASology!

Anonymous said...

Fabulous card! Absolutely adore how you put it all together!

Anonymous said...

Hi Suze
Fun image of the bathing beauty and now we know what you look like when wearing your swimming costume!!!!
Belated birthday wishes to your husband and yes, shame on you for buying a card when you created cards that are so stunning.
Wishes
Lynne

Von said...

That's a bit of a fun card Susie :)
Have a fab weekend
Von ♥

Rosemary said...

i think you have managed to tackle both challenges quite brilliantly, suze!! thanks for playing along with CASology!!

Tracey McNeely said...

What a totally fun image. Thank you so much for joining us this week at CASology!

Julia S-W said...

Great card considering you had a 'crafters block'!! Actually, I would too with those challenges! Wish I did look like that in a swimsuit but can't remember that I ever did!!
Well done Daughter for making a yummy looking cake. You BOUGHT a card - don't we all from time to time (especially when it's men involved)?? Have a wonderful weekend in Edinburgh.
Juliaxxx

Aileen said...

I can see you in that cozzie Suze especially with the swim cap! Super cutting and paper piecing. Love her perfect dive. x

Kim S said...

I have NEVER looked like her nor was as graceful!! She is charming...love her swim cap!!

Wiccababe said...

well done you, think those topics wouldve had me stumped.
and that cake looks fab :)
Debz
xx

Feebsy said...

I really like the vintage feel of your card, the image is so much fun. I really like the paper pieced hat too.

Thanks so much for sharing with us at Crafty Cardmakers.

Feebsy
xx

p.s.
Your daughter's cake looks delicious!

fionalawlor said...

Fab card! I love the vintage image and embossing :)OH and the cake looks yummy too lol. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers.
Fiona x

Susan said...

A two-for one...cool! LOVE that card...the image is perfect and the way you've designed it couldn't be better!

Really?!?!? You "bought" a card for your hubby? Shame on you!! LOL!!