Saturday 21 January 2012

Getting Confident With Colour

I'm not very confident when it comes to using bright or bold colours but I always really love other people's work when they create something bright and cheerful.  So, inspired by the current Colour Wheel Tag Challenge over at The Craft Barn ... I've had a go ...




  • I made an inky background using Distress Inks (Barn Door, Spiced Marmalade & Crushed Olive)
  • Image and swirls are from PaperArtsy Tops & Tails 1
  • Sentiment is from Wendy Vecchi 'I am my Art' stamps
  • I then coloured vellum with green & red Promarkers and paper pieced the wings and swirls
  • Some faux blanket stitching
  • Mounted onto some orange cardstock sponged with Spiced Marmalade


Thanks for taking the time to visit - hope you're having a colourful day!

Suze xx

17 comments:

Kim S said...

I hear you on the bright and bold colors - they are tough, but I love what you have done with them. It's a perfect image to be backed by the swirl of colors!

Anonymous said...

Hi Suze, I never feel confortable with bold colours but love other peoples work. This is a stunning tag. Love the colours you have used.
Regards Florence x

G Peplow said...

Totally wonderful colour combo Suze, I love the stamping, in fact I love the whole tag, smashing work, Gay xxx

Lynne Moncrieff said...

Pat on the back for stepping outwith your comfort zone especially when you have obviously wanted to experiment for sometime. Didn't you pull it off. Great colours and so fresh and not in the least bit muddy.
Such a fun piece.
Wishes
Lynne

Victoria said...

I love the crushed olive in there - it gives it such a fresh feel!

cheryl said...

oh gosh Hun this is a really wonderful colour combo,you really did pull this off to perfection hun hugs cherylxxxxx

Jenni's Jems said...

Love the choice of bright colours they fairly makes the images pop, and thought that the faux stitches were included in the stamp!!Got to say - Love this one even more than the first! x

Anonymous said...

Lovely colourful tag Suze, love the stamp. Dianne.

Vicky Hayes said...

Bright colours aren't the easiest thing to pull off Suze but I think you've made a brilliant job of this tag! Vicky x

Dolly Daydreams said...

Well for some one not very confident with colour WOW !!!! love this tag and the stitching is amazing, wouldn't have the patience for that. Great stamp and stamping too.

Marie

Scrapmate said...

Fab colours & the stamps you've used complement the colours brilliantly.

Sue said...

I'm the same Suze - I think that's why I stick mainly with CAS.

This is a fab creation, you've blended the colours beautifully. What great stamps too. Really unusual.

Sue.x

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Great tag, love the colors and the image.

Aileen said...

Love your bright colours and your design. x

Gio said...

So funny!! We all love to make art :-)

lena-dailyscrap said...

Great tag! Love your stamping and the bold colours! One of the best so far...

Anonymous said...

Glad you had a go, your colour combination is gorgeous
Thanks for playing with us.
Izzy